20131129

Infinity Terrain Part 1



So I’ve figured I might as well start putting some Infinity terrain up as I’m about to start working on that as well!

With Infinity I collect Yu Jing Japanese Sectorial Army, or JSA, and will eventually migrate into The Imperial Service (ISS), and thus the rest of Yu Jing. Within the fluff an interesting aspect came out in which the Japanese deeply resent being absorbed by the greater Yu Jing Empire, are constantly being treated as second class citizens and in the army used to bear the grunt of all offensives and what not. As of such a ‘terrorist’ organisation called the Kemeptai appeared and is fighting towards freeing the Japanese people from the Yu Jing Empire.
Left, ISS; middle, Yu Jing; right, JSA

With this idea that the Japanese were second class, I came up with was to create a city board representing a Japanese slum within a larger Yu Jing city, representing the second class citizen nature spoken about in the fluff, so in order to get a Japanese vibe to it; I firstly needed something Japanese, a Torii Arch!



Originally the idea was to get one that went all away across the road on my board, and I found one that might have worked, the one from Warsenal. However they did some measurements for me and found out that it was a little too short. So it was back to the drawing board…

Looks awesome, but was...2cm too short internally :(

…So I thought, until they sent me one for free when I bought a whole bunch of their Infinity tokens (which are awesome btw). And here it is!

This is a lot bigger than I had anticipated! Here it is with Cypher, the Kemeptai and an AT-43 container
(more of them later)
  


Ok, so it still doesn’t go over the road, but it does have the same width pedestrian crossings on the internal part, so YAY!!! It also provides ample cover for anyone moving through it, and can still allow 2 large bases side by side through it (oh yeah I have bikes...more on them later too...). In summary, I'm going to need a second one!

Cheers!
dulydude

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damnit I pushed the wrong button!!! Sorry Enigma!!!

      To those that wanted to know what he posted: How wide is the gap between the supports? I'm probably going to pick one up but depending on how wide it is determines if it's over a foot path or the street. My street will probably be wide enough to allow a Space Marine Rhino thorugh.

      It's about 9cm on the inside. Unsure if a Rhino will fit through that as I don't know the Rhino dimensions!!! Let me know if it does!

      Delete